Deficianado, what you say?
I keep meaning to post--really I do. I've been getting home later and later from work and I just don't feel like it. I've got more important things to do I guess..ok, well maybe I don't-but I like to pretend I do :)
The new year is starting off ok I guess. Pardon my "blah" attitude at the moment, I'm PMS'ing AND I had a cluster day at work. I'm not even going to go there though..I'd like to forget about it.
Better things---we're fast approaching the one year anniversay of my fathers liver transplant. It's so exciting, so wonderful and the same time, sad. With every year that passes, I will be amazed at the gift and saddened for the anniversary. Someone is coming up on the year mark in the death of their loved one. An while I would NOT have it any other way, I do feel their pain. I really, really do. I *nearly* lost my father--they *did* lose someone.
I hope that as with anything else, time has helped to heal their wound. I know that is easy for me to say, but I still hope it. I was thinking about that on the way home tonight...about how time really does ease just about any pain. An while we wish that we could get over things quicker, it doesn't move any faster than it can..if that makes sense. I remember how upset I was when my father's mother passed away, even though she'd been sick for quite some time and she wasn't really even "there" anymore, it still hurt me very much; so much that I was physically sick (threw up, yuck!). Then this year, I forgot all about it on the day. Now granted, it would have been 11 years, but still. I remember that nearly 9 months ago, I lost my job and was so upset that day that I thought I was going to lose control. Now, it's just kinda funny.
I hope that that family out there on the 23rd, when my family is sitting down to dinner to celebrate that persons life and the gift they gave us, can do the same. That their pain has started to subside enough that they can know that it was in our fathers plan, that time has helped to make the hurt a little less biting and that they can celebrate the life as well.
xoxo

<< Home